Avitar’s Software Department develops and supports a suite of five primary applications used by approximately 1,000 users in more than 350 departments within 150 municipalities throughout the State of New Hampshire. These software applications support functions of local governments such as mass appraisal, property tax collections, motor vehicle registration, building and code enforcement, and water and sewer billing. We take great pride in our reputation for unparalleled software support, and we are looking to add another member to our team.
The ideal candidate for this position has a thorough knowledge of Avitar’s Clerk/MV and Tax Collect applications, or at a minimum three or more years’ experience working in a New Hampshire municipal office registering motor vehicles and/or collecting taxes.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- • Answering, troubleshooting, resolving, and responding to client inquiries.
- • Collaboration with the development team when client support issues require escalation.
- • Performance of software testing and quality assurance.
- • Development and maintenance of support documentation and newsletters.
The successful candidate will be:
- • Motivated, responsible, and obsessively detail oriented.
- • Able to communicate effectively with people in a friendly and professional manner.
- • Capable of working both independently without supervision and as part of a team.
- • Willing to consistently tackle and master new concepts and technologies.
The ideal candidate will:
- • Have direct and extensive knowledge of NH motor vehicle regulations and requirements.
- • Have direct and extensive knowledge of NH property taxation regulations and requirements.
- • Have personal experience with one or more of Avitar’s software applications.
- • Full-time, permanent, salaried position.
- • Medical and dental insurance with medical reimbursement account.
- • Short-term and long-term disability with life insurance.
- • Retirement fund with company match to 3%.
- • Paid Holidays and two weeks of vacation.
- • Flexibility to work remotely.
- • Salary and profit sharing commensurate with capabilities and experience.