Exemptions & Credits

Exemptions and Credits are given to those individuals who qualify (i.e.: Elderly, Blind, Handicap, Veterans, etc.). In order to receive an exemption or credit, an individual must apply to the Board of Selectmen on Form PA-29.

A person who is applying for an elderly or disabled exemption or deferral must submit the PA-29 form along with documentation to verify the income and assets of the applicant and his/her spouse.


These documents are considered confidential and are either returned to the applicant at the time a decision is made on the application by Selectmen/Assessor or are destroyed.


Please refer to RSA 72:39-a for more information on the elderly exemption and RSA 72:37-b for information on the disabled exemption.

A person shall qualify for a veteran's credit who has served not less than 90 days in the armed forces of the United States, in any qualifying war or armed conflict and was honorably discharged, or the spouse or surviving spouse of such a resident. Please refer to RSA 72:28 for further information on the Veteran's Tax Credit.

A Blind Exemption can be granted to an individual who has been determined to be legally blind by the Blind Services Program, Bureau of Vocational Rehabilitation,Department of Education. Please refer to RSA 72:37 for more information.


Other Statutory exemptions are available, however, some are left to the local option which simply means the Town has the option to offer certain exemptions and are decided upon by a vote of the townspeople.


Please refer to RSA Chapter 72 for information on all of the exemptions/credits available.